Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mixing of the Pieces and Starting to Sort

I officially mixed the pieces.  For some reason the video that I had taken won't load on here, and it was going to take forever to upload to Facebook.  But I do have the video for anything official.   I will work on loading to to FB tomorrow.


Here is how I sort the pieces.  I bought a bunch of tupperware containers and wrote on them.  I didn't think of it before, but it was great to have chosen very clear ones because I can see the containers that are "hidden".


This was two days ago, but rest assured, I'm STILL SORTING!  The only difference is that the buckets are a little bit fuller.

5 comments:

  1. Putting labels on the containers is a great idea. How detailed are you getting with the sorting? Are you separating each of the animals into different buckets? Each planet, sail boat too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My labels AT THIS POINT are: Balloons, Animals, Top water (waves, ocean surface), Clown Fish, Sky/stars, island/rocks/house/lighthouse, pink/yellow nebulas, boats, flying birds/butterflies, dolphins, underwater city (for all that's worth :P), and coral reef. But the coral reef covers pretty much anything underwater except the clown fish. That will be a major resorting later. This is a very loose sorting. There are some pieces I can just NOT figure out what they are. I have a spare bucket of ? pieces. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's a pretty good breakdown of pieces. I would probably do the same thing. I ended up refining one of my buckets initially too because it was too broad. Even now, the animals bucket is still way too big. So whenever we're in the media room upstairs and I want to work on something to do with the puzzle, I work on sorting the animals bucket and pulling out easily identifiable animals like the giraffes and the zebras, etc. This allows me to continue working on the puzzle even if I can't be downstairs where the main puzzle board is located.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll probably have to do that once I get the initial sorting done. It's crazy the number of pieces here. I mean, I KNEW the number ahead of time, but you can't REALLY imagine it! You just have to see it to believe it! Even the pictures of the finished puzzle is truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...that is funny. Yeah, I was amazed at just how much room 6,000 pieces take up...let alone having to sort all 24,000!

    ReplyDelete