Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bigger, Uglier Puzzle

I already told you that there is a newer, bigger, uglier puzzle supposedly coming out in September.  I thought I would share the photo of it.  What do you think??
I personally think it's awful.  It's supposed to "depict the spirit of community, having a universality to them".  Yuck!  This is definately not my style!  How boring would it be to put it together anyways with only eight total colors??  Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black and white.  Way too art deco.  I think it would hurt my eyes to put it together, let alone have it take up 20 feet of a wall!  LOL


"LIFE" isn't exactly my style either.  Though it is pretty and colorful.  I prefer works of art like this:
and:
These will probably be my next undertaking. 

Which puzzles are you favorites?

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I just saw this newer, bigger puzzle that Ravensburger is releasing September and I think you're right. It's hideous in my opinion and there's no way I would ever consider doing it. To even contemplate working on something so large I would have to fall in love with the picture (like I did with Life)...otherwise, forget it. I know the family that was the first to complete the Life puzzle on the Hall of Fame will be doing it because that's just what they like to do, but I would never even attempt it. I think it's Ravensburger that's also coming out with one that's over 18,000 pieces in September too. That one is called "At the Waterhole". At least that one is a nice looking picture. I like puzzles that have a ton of detail, color variety, and textures to make it not so monotinous to put together. I don't like ones that have a ton of greenery (or any other element) that all looks alike with little to no variation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I wasn't even in love with LIFE, but because it was the largest in the world (for the moment)....that was my challenge. But even if there is a bigger one like that ugly one, I wouldn't even consider it. Spending $300-$400 on something like that is not even thinkable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree completely. I had a hard enough time justifying this one to my husband. And I still think he has a lot of doubts as to my actually finishing it. Oh well, won't he be surprised when I actually do! LOL It may be years for now, but oh well...

    ReplyDelete