Thursday, July 11, 2013

Home and Garden Show in Germany


Took a long detour in Germany.  According to the box, circa 2000, this is
"Home and Flower Garden, Owen, Germany"
1,000 pieces
 
(anywhere near you, Lia?)

My husband actually did a large part of the flowers in the lower right hand corner.  I was so tired one night trying to puzzle, I actually dozed off sitting up and then did one of those falling jumps.  Freaked me out.  My husband came in about then and saw how exhausted I was and asked if he could work on the puzzle.  HA!  Of course!  Get this thing out of here!  I need to move on.  He worked on it until 2am. He is not a night owl, so this surprised me.  But about 2, I woke up and told him to go to bed.  I don't sleep well with lights on.  He had only about 30-40 of the blackish pieces left of the evergreens on the right.  I whipped those off today very quickly.  Now to decide my next victim.

7 comments:

  1. Dear Cortney,
    what a beautiful and idyllic garden and what a challenge. Very well done - by you and your husband. :-)
    Owen is in the South of Germany, somewhere near Stuttgart. If I would like to go there, I have to travel almost 4 hours :-)

    Looking for your next challenge now. Have fun
    Kind regards
    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work...you are getting there! Which one did you decide to tackle next? Hopefully they're getting a little easier as you get more and more "practice" putting them together. LOL

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Practice" .... I like that. Lol. I decided on a Kincade one. I'm not really a big fan of his, but it was in the to-do pile. It is hazy and has lots of purple hues. Since I didn't start it until after 11:00 last night, I only got some sorting done. Hopefully tonight I will get quite a bit done being Friday.

      Delete
  3. I love Kinkade! I have a couple of his puzzles too...some round ones. They're cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen an update on here in a bit. Are you struggling with the Kinkade puzzle? Maybe because you don't like it much? LOL I've made a lot of changes to my blog recently. Check it out when you get a chance.

    Hope all is well there!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny. You're right. I have been busy. We went camping last weekend so I used the week before to get ready and then this past week we've been dealing with a sick baby. Plus I've had extra hours at work both weeks. I've gotten very little done on the Kinkade. I truly am addicted to puzzling, it just doesn't seem to be a priority at the moment. But I am alive and will be making more effort this week to get er done. :)

      Delete
  5. Making any progress on your Kinkade puzzle?

    ReplyDelete