Friday, June 21, 2013

Made My Final Selection

Many of you and my friends and family think I am ridiculous for waiting to do LIFE.  So I decided to pull out all my puzzles and narrow it down to the ones I will do before I get back at it once and for all.  I did have a loose number before, but I needed a visual.

I suppose I'm doing this because of my perfectionist, all-or-nothing attitude.  I have always practiced delayed-gratification by self-deprivation.  How well has it worked?  Lets just say that it works sometimes.   Sometimes I get a lot accomplished and other times this strategy has only caused further delays and procrastination.

Anyway, I'm too tired for psychology today.  On to the puzzles......

I narrowed it down to these ten puzzles.  One is 750, one is 1,200, seven are 1,000 and that sculpture one.  Why these you ask? I was gonna tell you.  These have sat on my shelf the longest and a few of them I don't really care for.  If I save ones I don't like for after LIFE and DR, it'll seem like a let down.  Who wants boring after you've had the best?




I am in the middle of one right now that I hope to finish tonight if the baby cooperates.  Mr. Man is out of town for the weekend, so I should get quite a bit accomplished.   This one is going fairly smooth so far.
 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, so I'm not the ONLY one who finds it crazy that you feel compelled to do all these other puzzles before returning to Life? That's good to know! LOL

    I think what you're doing is probably the most technically correct way to do it, but I personally wouldn't wait that long because I'd never get the others finished. I'd constantly be thinking about the Life puzzle and my wanting to do that one so much more.

    However, my only argument with this is...if there are at least one or two you really don't like, why are you doing them? I mean they couldn't have cost you that much that you can't just say to heck with it...I don't like it anyway...why bother...just count the pieces to make sure they're all there and then sell it. Why torture yourself with ones you don't even like?

    Just a thought.

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess it's not really torture. There still is the challenge of it. It's kind of like seeing a chocolate chip cookie on the table and attempting to leave it there. Or putting a piece in a puzzle that you just happen to see that fits as you walk by..... Simply irresistible! (Using a puzzle analogy on a puzzle blog..... Simply irresistible...lol)

      Delete
    2. That makes sense I guess. I do admire your willpower. I am not that strong. LOL

      So, after you finish the Vermont one tonight, then you will still have the 10 you picked out to finish, right? Or is it 10 including the Vermont one?

      Delete
    3. Vermont is not included in the ten. So technically I have ten and a half. ;)

      Then any requests? Or should I just do the next easiest one?

      Delete
  2. Do the easiest ones first so you can knock them out fast and get your overall count down. :o)

    I stayed up til 1 a.m. last night working on mine. It felt so good to work on it for that long a time period. Will be posting new pics soon.

    ReplyDelete