Saturday, September 22, 2012

New Puzzling Area!

Since the ultimate goal of getting these smaller puzzles out of the house so I can get LIFE back out,  Mr. Man let me spend some money and buy an 8-foot table to put them together on.  Mainly I will need lots of space for LIFE, but it will come in handy for the smaller puzzles too. 

My mom lives with us and she suggested putting the table in the main area of the house where the kids spend most of their time so in the evenings when I'm puzzling, I can still be around them instead of another room in the house where the table was originally going to go.  My main concern was that I have four, soon to be five, children ages 3-9 and two nephews that are 3 and 6 that come over a couple times a week.  That's six children actively running around a puzzle table?  I don't think so.

We had to come up with a plan.  This is what we did:


This is a corner of our "great room" where the dining room table originally went.  You can't see it in the photo but off to the left by the chair is a desk and a tall bookshelf completely blocking this left side.  Then we put up the three smaller shelves to help block the area.  The kids have all been given specific instructions that this area is completely off limits.  The desk is Douglas', 9, so he is allowed, but all others are to keep out.  There really isn't anything to draw them in there anyway.  Hopefully this set up will keep more puzzle pieces in my puzzles than in small hands. :)

The table of course is large, though I wish I had about three more for LIFE.  We can pull the table out and sit on all sides if we need to.  Yes, there are three chairs at the table.  Mainly they are all for me so when I'm doing LIFE I don't have to drag a chair with me, I can just move around the table.  But for now, one for me, one for Mr. Man and one for Mom if she wants to help.

I was thinking I should come up with a name for our puzzling area.  Any ideas?

(The little thing on the table is a baby monitor in case you're wondering.)

No comments:

Post a Comment