Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Gave UP on a Puzzle?

Yes!  I admit it!  I actually gave up on a measly 500 piece puzzle.  BUT with very good reason.  Most 500 pieces I can whip off in an evening.  However, when the quality of the puzzle is so awful the pieces don't stay together if you even breathe on it, there is no joy, no fun and no finished product.

The culprit? ......


This Encore!  brand is apparently by MEGABRANDS.  But their website does not show puzzles anymore.  The links are either broken or takes you to the MegaBloks website.  It was distributed by Greenbrier International Inc.  Seriously, I do NOT recommend trying to put these together.  God forbid you PAY for such an atrocity!

One of the places that I envision lots of puzzles being done is nursing homes.  I can't imagine the frustration of the potentially mentally problematic elderly trying to do these!  THAT annoys me the most for some reason.  Poor dears.

After attempting (and not finishing out of pure annoyance) the cute kitty one, I knew I had some more of this brand and simply put them out at the rummage sale.  I probably should just throw them in the garbage, BUT if someone were to put it together on a soft material like a puzzle roll-up mat, it MIGHT work.  I'm not promising anything.  The best part about it all is that I knocked these three out of the line-up!  YAY!


Okay!  Enough ranting.  I'm going to be working on a different brand tonight.  One that I am already familiar with and I know that it works fine.  I should have pictures of that soon.  On to bigger and better things!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I have a post calle Mega SUCK. I bought a 1500 piece puzzle that I really like the picture but it sucks so bad, I dont want to do it! I actually stopped putting it together and put it away. I keep thinking I might actually suffer through it because once it's completed and on contact paper it will look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it also this same brand? It really was bad. I was not happy since I had three of them. Oh well, I never pay full price so I wasn't worried. If I were you, I'd put a $1.50 price tag on it and sell it. At least you know all the pieces are there. :)

      Delete