Saturday, September 29, 2012

3-year-old Doing 500-Piece Puzzle

Thought I would make this a separate post to brag about my 3-year-old.  Miss Princess is absolutely amazing.  We homeschool so she has been learning from birth with intent.  She can read at an early second grade level and puts puzzles together all the time.  But I don't think she has ever attempted more pieces than about 100.

Anyways, I started on a 500 piece and she asked if she could help.  I realized this was good mommy-daughter time so I said she could.  She immediately recognized that I had separated the edge pieces from the middle pieces and she started working on the edge pieces.  She noticed as well that there were a bunch of blue edge pieces.  She pulled those out and started working them. 


After she got 2-3 together I started really watching her and was so impressed!  She sorted the pieces by shape and then really got to work.  It didn't take her long and this is what she ended up with:

 
She did the entire top edge and about 8 pieces down each edge completely by herself.  No one helped her in the least.  She looked at Grandma (taking the pics) and said "Arn't I cute?"  LOL!  By the time she was done with that I was done with most of the sky which fit right into her edge.  She started working on some mountains and did get one piece in but then got bored and left.   I was just blown away by what she did!  LegoWarrior in the background helped too.  He put the rest of the edge together for me.  Mr. Man and Grandma also put in pieces on this puzzle so it was a family effort.
 
 

500 pieces 9/28/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment